If you’re an adventure seeker, Bir Billing is the mecca for adventure sports and it has to be on your list of the top places to visit in Himachal Pradesh. Bir-Billing is majorly known as the best paragliding site in the world and is blessed with a refreshing climate. The takeoff point is in the height of 8000ft and it will take the time of 10-15 minutes to land. Basically, bir is the landing location of para-pilot where they do landing and billing is the takeoff point from where a paraglider fly and .
Ideal for: Backpackers and adventure seekers
Ideal duration: 2-3 days
Best time to visit: September-January
How to reach: The nearby closest airport to Bir-billing is Dharamshala airport (in Gaggal) about 30-45 minutes south of Dharamshala. Train to Pathankot + bus/taxi onward to Bir.
similarly, taxi from Pathankot to Bir approx. 4-5 hours it will take to reach. Bir is about 12-14 hours from Delhi by bus. Take a bus to either Baijnath or Bir Road to reach paragliding site bir-billing.
(Bir billing paragliding site)
Life is short Time is fast No replay No rewind So enjoy every moment as it comes
Things to do:
- Firstly, experience some adrenaline rush as you paraglide in the beautiful Himalayan valleys and camps, stunning climate, and safe surroundings in bir-billing paragliding site.
- Secondly, visit the gorgeous Buddhism monasteries in Bhattu, Chaugan, and Bhattu colony located in the center of the forest.
- Then, Just around 10 km from Bir Billing there is the delightfully cut thirteenth-century Vaidyanath dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Further, visit the Palampur Tea Cooperative where you can go to a free visit to see the tea-making process.
- For trekker:- You can go for a short little trek of hanumanGarh for night camping.
- Finally, visit Bangoru Waterfall,Bungee Jumping in gunehr located at a distance around 5 km.
Nearby famous place: Dharamshala,barot valley,rajghundha